Do you maintain a single-family rental property? If such is the case, you may think about whether you should contract a Sugar Land property management company to maintain and monitor it. But what does a professional property management company even do – and is it worth the cost? This blog post will inquire into how professional property management works and what a property manager can do for rental property owners. By the end of this article, you’ll better perceive whether property management is right for you or not.
What is Property Management?
Professional property management is overseeing and managing a rental property on behalf of the owner. Typically, this may comprise tasks, in particular marketing the property, screening and approving tenants, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair requests, and more. In most situations, property managers may also be responsible for evictions.
Property management companies commonly charge a percentage of the monthly rent as their fee. For example, if your property rents for $1000 per month and the management company charges a 15% fee, you would pay them $150 per month. Some companies also charge additional fees for services namely lease renewals or marketing.
What Does a Property Manager Do?
The job of a property manager can be a very busy one. Property managers are responsible for several other undertakings. Some of the most regular functions of a property manager encompass:
– Marketing the property: Property managers are responsible for looking for tenants for your rental property. This involves listing the property on rental websites, showing the property to potential tenants, and screening applications.
– Screening and approving tenants: If you have a pool of interested tenants, it’s up to the property manager to screen them and decide on the best candidate. This normally includes running a background check and verifying their income and employment history.
– Collecting rent: Property managers are tasked with collecting rent from tenants each month. They may likewise deal with late payments, returned checks, and evictions (in some cases).
– Handling maintenance requests: When tenants have a maintenance or repair request, they will submit it to the Sugar Land property manager. The property manager is charged with coordinating with contractors, scheduling repairs, and assuring that the work is conducted and done at the appropriate time.
The right property management companies can equally get you to optimize your investment properties and grow your portfolio. They bestow expert market analyses, practical insights into the local rental market, and data-driven recommendations (such as when to raise the rent, which upgrades to make, and more).
Benefits of Hiring a Property Management Company
There are various benefits of hiring a professional property management company. Perhaps the surest thing is that it frees up your time. If you’re managing your rental property yourself, that’s so much time spent on tasks like marketing the property, addressing maintenance requests, and many more. Property managers can pay attention to all the day-to-day undertakings correlated with owning and managing a rental property. This can save you time and money while indeed freeing you to focus on other important things in your life.
Other crucial benefits of hiring a property management company include:
– Reduced vacancy rates: An impressive and effective property manager will ascertain how to market your rental property and screen tenants efficiently. This can help you fill vacancies hastily and reduce the time your property is unoccupied.
– Increased rent collection: A property management company can help you collect rent on time. They may as well help you, without hassle, increase your rent prices (in some cases).
– Lower repair and maintenance costs: A property manager will have a network of committed contractors they partner up with together regularly. This can easily help you get discounts on repairs and maintenance, and also be certain that the work is completed well and on time.
– Fewer legal problems: A property manager can help you avoid potential legal issues by complying with all the necessary laws and regulations. They will likewise have an idea and even be skillful in how to attend to difficult situations, namely evictions, professionally and legally.
If you’re considering employing a property management company, make sure to do your research and select a reputable company that imparts the range of quality services you need and want. Real Property Management Prestige has over 30 years of experience in single-family rental property management. Contact us online today to find out more about how we can help you competently manage your properties and increase your investment portfolio.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.