It’s this time of year when the cooler months slowly approach. This also means getting your Sugarland rental property ready for fall. Now is the time to do those annual maintenance and repair tasks your rental property needs since it’s still sunny and warm outside. If you dilly dally and winter catch you, you could have a bigger problem on your hands. Your Sugarland rental property will be ready for any challenges the winter season might bring once you complete these essential fall maintenance tasks.
- Clean Out Gutters: Clean your gutters of leaves and debris so that the autumn rains can be drained easily. Check the downspouts and make sure that water is directed away from the home’s foundation.
- Turn Off Outdoor Plumbing: If your property has an automatic sprinkler system, drain all the water out and shut it off at the box. You must also drain hoses and outdoor faucets and insulate them to prevent freezing and bursting.
- Furnace Tune-Up: A furnace ready to see fall! You don’t give much attention to your furnace for almost a year but now is the time to do maintenance for its work ahead. Do a thorough visual inspection and install a new filter. Another option is to have it professionally serviced.
- Clean Fireplace and Chimney: Aside from the furnace, you should also prepare your Sugarland rental property’s fireplace and chimney for the coming months. You might already have forgotten when you last cleaned your chimney, so now is the perfect time to do it. It goes without saying that you should also be cleaning the fireplace and inspect the flue. Like a car ready for a long drive, make sure they don’t break down during the cold winter months.
- Replace Weatherstripping and Caulk: Keeping the warmth in and the cold out is a big part of fall maintenance preparations. The key is to eliminate the gaps, so check windows and doors and replace weatherstripping when needed. Do a thorough check then caulk around windows and doors for a weather-proof seal.
- Let the Light In: Especially during the colder months, natural light is not only good for your property but is also good for your tenant’s well-being. Find ways to let the light in. To maximize natural light, clean your rental property’s windows and blinds. Also take this opportunity to replace older light bulbs with brighter, energy-efficient ones.
- Safety Check: Last but not least, is to prepare your rental property by doing a comprehensive safety check. Make sure that all batteries in all smoke detectors are new. Check the date of the expiry of fire extinguishers. And lastly, find out if your tenants have a safety plan in case of an emergency.
The list may be long and time-consuming but you will soon reap the rewards as your Sugarland rental property will be in good condition for the rest of the year.
Finding your fall maintenance checklist complicated? Let us help you simplify things. Contact us online today! Real Property Management Prestige has teams of home service professionals ready to tackle your annual maintenance checklist right away!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.